SSUSH3 The student will explain the primary causes of the American Revolution.
b. Explain colonial response to such British actions as the Proclamation of 1763, the Stamp Act, and the Intolerable Acts as seen in Sons and Daughters of Liberty and Committees of Correspondence.
1. What was the Stamp Act and Why was it put in place?
2. What Revolutionary Group led protest against the Stamp Act?
3. What were the Townshend Acts and Why were they put in place?
4. What was the purpose of the Committees of Correspondence?
5. Why did the Colonist have the “Boston Tea Party”
6. Why did the King Put the Intolerable Acts in Place and what were they?
7. What is Lexington & Concord
8. What is “Common Sense” and what purpose did it serve/How did it change public opiniion of Great Britain? (Click Here)
Primary Source Analysis
How is this picture considered Propaganda? Why would Paul Revere depict this historical event in this manner as opposed to how the event really took place?
If you need help with analyzing this document (Click Here) for a great resource and break down of Paul Revere’s engraving